Every year we all set “New Year Resolutions”. Where we promise ourselves to do better that year. Whether it is to lose weight, eat better, quit a bad habit, or do one kind act a day. I am calling my resolutions my goals this year. Yes, I know they are in fact the same thing but I never seem to complete even half of my resolutions. Maybe calling them goals will help me succeed? Yup, I’m just weird. With that said, here we go!
- Lose the baby weight! Lose it momma!! Yes I had her 9 months ago and yes I’ve lost the weight I gained while I was pregnant with her but I want to lose even more. I want to feel good about myself again. I want to get out of the dang yoga pants and want to wear jeans or want to wear something cute. Me and some close friends are doing a 12 week challenge and we are working on week 3 right now! So much more fun and motivating doing it with friends!
- Snowball. As the lovely and successful Dave Ramsey says “snowball effect”. My husband and I would really like to start saving but in order to do that we have to get the debt paid off. The doctor bills, the credit card bills. We are about to get this snowball rolling and start saving so we can build our family a home!
- Give it up. I’m talking aspartame. It is poison and I’m sad and embarrassed to say that I not only drink it every day but I have been drinking diet drinks since I started dieting, which was about the age of 13.I cant believe I have been putting that crap in my body while knowing exactly what it could do. I have already switched from equal to truvia for my coffee and I’m working on the sodas. I am drinking mostly water during the day and one diet drink. I hate drinking my calories but I think I will start drinking one real drink a day for now to give me my fix without the aspartame. I want to try La Croix! Anybody drink it?
- Hands free parenting. I am very good about not being on my phone until my kids nap or are in bed. I hate being on my phone while they are awake. It makes me feel bad when I am not playing with them or holding them when we all know just how fast time flies. I am however a neat freak. I clean and pickup all day long. I mean I play with the kids and am very hands on with them but I clean too. I want to let that go until naptime or bedtime too. I want my focus to be just on them, All,the.time. I want them to know that they are more important than doing the dishes, picking up dirty laundry, putting the clean laundry up or even checking updates on IG. Because they are that important. They are the most important things in my life and my very first priority.
- Let it go. Everything. The people that talk bad about me. Let it go. The people who judge me or my parenting. Let it go. The people who don’t like the way I am now and want the “old jen”, Let it go. I am so unbelievably over drama. We are adults and it seems there is more drama in my adulthood than there was in my teen years. I hate it. I always have. There’s no reason for it and frankly, I don’t have time for it. My time belongs with my family.
- Last but not least, get “involved”. Go to more mommy groups. Get the kids into a tumbling class. Let them be social and let mommy be social too. It would be good for all of us!
What are your goals for this year?