Yes, you are reading that correctly!! Only 3 steps and 3 ingredients to the best shredded pork!
- Pork Roast ( Mine wasn’t really big and I forgot to see how many pounds but use one big enough or small enough. It will still turn out great. Just make sure it gets to a temp of 145)
- Half of an onion, chopped
- One whole bottle of BBQ sauce
- Put pork roast in crock pot and turn on high. Cook for 8-10 hours. I cooked mine long because the longer you cook it, the more tender it will be!
- Move pork roast to a serving platter and shred with two forks. It shouldn’t be hard if you cooked it for as many hours as I did. Empty the crock pot of all the juices. Put Shredded pork back into crock pot. Add onion and BBQ sauce. Cook 30 more minutes to an hour.
Simple right? I can’t remember where I found this recipe a few years ago but it is an all time favorite. I always buy the bigger roast so we will have tons of leftovers to eat on the rest of that week.