I have learned quite a lot in the past year on Silhouette studio. In fact, I learn something new every day and it gets me so excited! Today, I want to show you something a little simple that can provide hours (or in my case minutes) of entertainment!
Traceable letters!! I am going to show you how to print out letters so your child can trace them and learn how to write! Its pretty easy and you might already know how, but I might end up showing you something new!
|How to make names/letters traceable to print out!!|
- Start by typing out the letters. I wanted my babies to start tracing their names so I typed out my first babies name.
- Then don’t fill the color of it. Instead go to line color, make it black and choose the dotted line at the top. You need to make the line thicker or else it won’t print out. Use the up arrow to make the line as thick as you want.
- Grab you letters/name and choose the tab “object” at the top. Scroll down until you see “modify” and then press on “offset”. It will bring you to the offset menu. Mine does it automatically but if a menu pops up on the right side just click on offset and then apply. FYI- If you are doing single letters, you are going to want to do one letter at a time instead of all together.
- Position you offset so its outlining your letter or name.
- Group the two together.
- Voila! Make as little or as big as you want. I duplicated it twice so I would have her name on there three times.
- Print out and if you can laminate! I laminated ours and let my babies trace their names with magic markers! Comes right off.. pure genius!