I’ve already got you drooling, am I correct?
I found this recipe in one of my many Southern Living Cookbooks. It is easy and so delicious. I’ve made it a few times and there is never any leftovers! Instead of talking all about it, I’m going to go ahead and show you a picture of it! Try not and stick your face in the screen. It doesn’t work. I tried! Just go cook it!
Ready, Set, Cook!!
- 4 Large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup of butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 slices cooked, crumbled bacon, divided. (I use already packaged bacon bits)
- 4 green onions, chopped and divided
- 1 8 oz carton sour cream
- Wash potatoes. Prick several times with a fork. Bake at 400 for an hour or until done, cool. Cut potatoes lengthwise; scoop out pulp and reserve. Discard shells.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp (I mashed my pulp up a little bit), salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, and 2 tablespoons green onions. Cook until heated (do not boil). Stir in sour cream; just until heated. Sprinkle servings with remaining cheese, bacon and green onion. Yield: 10 cups at 1 cup per serving. Calories: 407
There ya go!! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!!