My sweet Madelynn Rae turned 4 months old on August 8th! I love this age because with every month, or week even, comes something new. They start laughing, rolling over, noticing certain things better, or playing with toys. And with every single thing they start doing you immediately go get your spouse and you say “LOOK, LOOK” with such excitement! Even if it is the 22nd time they’ve done that certain “trick” that day. I love every single bit of it.
Oh my sweet Madelynn Rae, At four months-
- You weigh 17 lbs and are 25.5 inches long. That puts you in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height. You are bigger at four months than your bubba and sissy were at 6 months. Mommy is so proud of you!
- You are wearing a size 4 diaper. They are kind of big but the threes weren’t cutting it anymore. What I mean by that is we were having more blowouts than usual so we had to up a size and the diaper wasn’t fitting great around your sweet belly anymore.
- You are in 6 month clothing and some 6-9 month. I put a 9 month dress on you the other day and it fit perfect hah! You amaze me! You might be our tall child!
- You drink 4-5 bottles a day
- You take 3-4 naps a day and sleep at least 10 hours a night.
- You LOVE the excer-saucer!! You love being able to stand and look at all of your surroundings.
- I hate admitting this but you love TV. Sometimes when you cry at night and I cant get you to stop, I can put on MMCH and you start laughing. It is the cutest thing! Maybe a Minnie mouse first birthday?
- You still love your play mat too. You sit there and “talk” to the toys hanging down. You start getting mad at them too and you grunt.
We aren’t starting Maddie on food yet because the doc says with her weight and her sleeping as good as she does, that there is no reason to do so. We are going to wait until 5-6 months and I’m hoping to do strictly finger foods (aka BLW).
You love your bubba and sissy! You’re really noticing them now and how they move. You just stare at them and start kicking your legs, it looks like you really want to join in on the fun!
I haven’t gotten a full out belly laugh from you yet but I’m working on it! I get a little haha and it melts my heart! I cant wait to hear your sweet full on laugh!
Baby girl, we love you so much and are so glad that God chose us to be your parents. You sure do bring joy and happiness to our crazy little life;)