To be perfectly honest, they’ve been 2.5 since June 30th. I have been wanting to take pictures of them for a while but just couldn’t find the time, it was ranging or too hot. Yesterday was the perfect day to stage a photo shoot. It was breezy and not too hot! I asked them if they wanted to take some pictures and they shouted “YEAH!”
I said in my previous post how fast this year has gone by. I really do feel like we just celebrated their second birthday. Well, I really feel like we just celebrated them being born. They are amazing. Completely and utterly amazing. Yes, they are at that fun age where there is lots of whining and lots of tantrums but I wouldn’t trade our days for anything in the world. Because with this age comes a lot of fun stuff too. They really understand us in a way they never have before, they tell us whats wrong, they communicate so well to us and each other and its hilarious listening to them piece together words to make sentences.
I love being able to talk to them and they talk back. Sometimes you get the “what??”, “no!” and scream reply but that’s all ok too. We are actually working on the “whats?” and turning them into mam’s and sir’s. They are doing great with it too. Except they say “mam”. to everyone hah.
- Finally potty trained!! Yay! We just started a few weeks ago but you’ve rocked it and have nobly had a few accidents (one of our bad days)! You love wearing big girl panties but you really love spider man underwear. In fact, I think JP wearing spider man underwear is what really got you wanting to potty train!
- You still love your milk! You drink chocolate milk at night and in the morning out of a take n toss cup!
- You love bubble guppies, paw patrol, barney and MMCH.
- You go to bed around 7:15-7:30 and sleep until 8:45 the next morning.
- You still have a paci during car rides, nap and at night but we are about to take away at least one of those. And yes, I am terrified because you sure do love that thing!
- You wear mostly 2T but can fit into some 3 stuff!
- Favorite foods: Steak, cheeseburger, chicken fingers, broccoli, baked beans, salad, mac n cheese and pizza. Really I can get you to eat anything with ranch. But you are a great eater, you’ll try anything just once!
- You love your IPad. You learned quickly how to work that thing too and it amazed me and your daddy. Although we always choose to play outside first the iPad is one thing that can calm you down without having to give you a paci.
- You are such a sweet angel. Period. Such a good rider on trips, very understanding of anything and everything we say, great sister. Just amazing. You are my little girl and I love you with all of my heart.
- Potty trained!! You rocked the potty training dude! We potty trained you around the end of June and you surprised me. You didn’t have any accidents and you made it very easy on momma. You started having trouble with #2 recently and have an accident every now and then but we are working on it;) I am so proud of you baby boy!
- You love your milk still too! You get a take n toss cup with chocolate milk every morning and night just like your sissy.
- You love bubble guppies, paw patrol, barney, MMCH and fishing shows with daddy.
- You go to bed around 7:15-7:30 and sleep until 8:30-8:45 the next morning.
- You still get your paci in the car, naps and at night. I think you will actually be the easy one to take it away from. It is like you could care less now unless you’re just having a bad day, then you ask for it.
- You wear 12-18 month old shorts, 18 month old & 24 month old pants, 24 months and 2T shirts. Can wear some 3T shirts.
- Favorite foods: Steak, mac-n-cheese, salad, pizza, corn on the cob. You use to be my great eater but now? Not so much dude. You don’t even like to try things if they look different to you and you yell at me if I didn’t make any mac-n-cheese.
- You slew with two huge monkeys. You named them “Ba-ba” when you were a baby. We call one “little bobba” and the other “big bobba”.. obviously. You rub the tags of their bottom area until you fall asleep. The tag area doesn’t even have fur around it anymore. I don’t know what we will do when those things get even more down and dirty than they are now!
- You LOVE the trash man. Wednesdays are trash pick up and it is your favorite day of the week. Sometimes he runs really early but when we catch him on time I will take you on the front porch and he will honk at you! Makes your week by far!
- You are such a boy. Love anything “boy/man” related. You wake up talking about “pishing” (fishing) and go to bed talking about it too. You love tractors, “camofwauge”, tennis shoes, hunting, trucks, and more! I love you my sweet boy. You are indeed the sweetest child we have;) There.. I admitted it.
Y’all made me a mommy. I could not be more proud of y’all. You two have such powerful and contagious giggles. Your love for each other is admiring. None of us will ever understand your connection to each other because y’all are lucky. Y’all have a bond no one knows about unless you are a twin. Y’all can fight like cats and dogs but at the end of the day you give each other a kiss and say “thanks for playing with me today bubba/sissy”. Its precious. Y’all are grateful. Y’all say thank you all the time. Y’all are loving. Both of you give kisses all day long. Y’all kiss me, daddy. Maddie, each other and even Roxanne. Like I said y’all are just contagious. Anyone who comes in contact with y’all won’t stop thinking about you both because y’all are just that special.
Mommy loves you both so much. Thank you Lord for choosing me to be their mom because you truly blessed us with some amazing kids.