I think this might be more popular in the south but I LOVE this stuff and thought I would share it with you! My maw-maw use to make it all of the time when I was younger and I was hooked from the very first taste. The recipe came from those wonderful “calling all cooks” cookbooks. I’m pretty certain that this recipe might be in all of them!
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple
- 1 4 oz. package of Pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 9 oz. Whipped topping
Beat cream cheese in mixer bowl until smooth. Add un-drained pineapple; mix well.
Stir in pudding mix and mayonnaise. Add pecans and marshmallows; mix well.
Fold in whipped topping. Chill until serving time. May substitute walnuts for pecans.